360° views of Durban!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Durban
October 26th 2010
Published: November 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

First up today was the Sky car to the top of the Durban Football stadium. I’ve found all the tourist attractions in SA have been really reasonably priced so I wasn’t surprised that it was only a fiver to go up in this (50rand). The Sky car itself is cool but then they drop you off on to a platform at the top which gives you 360degree views over all the city, casino, beach etc. - absolutely wonderful.

We had a skinny latte in Moyo bar at the beach then went in the USharka aquarium/water park complex to ask about shark diving. We were disappointed it wasn’t open on Mondays or Tuesdays but decided we’d definitely have to fit it in at some point before I go.

We went shopping to Mr Price then El took me for my first “Bunny chow” - a traditional Durban curry that is served in a hollowed out loaf of bread! It’s got nothing to do with Bunny’s so don’t worry.
We collected a hire car for our daytrip tomorrow then had to stop at the Pharmacy to pick me up some medicine as I was starting with a cold and sore throat. Little Lily’s called this Muti, which actually means Medicine in Afrikaans (a language they speak here) - she’s adorable; I love her. Another thing they say a lot over here is “just now”. If someone says I’ll see you just now, it actually means I’ll see you later, not now. Yes this confused me a lot at first.
I got worse as the afternoon went on so had a bowl of Laura’s splendid Spag Bol then headed to bed for a really early night. I really hope this lurgy is gone in the morning so I can enjoy our big tourist day out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb