My 1st ever Brazilian (game)


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
June 28th 2010
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 13
Got over yesterday pretty quickly - just looking at my Soccer City pics cheered me up. This was the first morning that I didn’t have to do ANYTHING ………….. so I didn’t!!!!! Then met Grace for a nice afternoon coffee (well I had a beer) before heading off to Ellis Park for our best game so far - Brazil v Chile ………. As well as the colourful, vibrant, diverse crowd (I was sat next to a Nigerian); the (at times) good football, and the excellent English officiating (the bald referees’ society had a good day); who could have imagined, only 20 years ago, that Brazil would be playing in the football World Cup at this impressive stadium which to some was a symbol of apartheid. Pete had chatted to an Ethiopian last week whilst watching a game (Efram knew more about the Premiership than anyone I know - and subscribes to MUTV) and we met him again, and as he lived near the ground, he volunteered to take to us there and bring us back (a good 10 miles) - reducing the driving stress (i.e. we could both have a drink) and knowing all the short-cuts. And to cap it all on the bus back to where we were to meet Efram - we were sat next to a couple of Evertonians …… a small and big world at the same time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

paperazzipaperazzi
paperazzi

A herd of them trying to get the best pic


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb