Day 172 - Tears at Arrivals


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
December 21st 2006
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We’d expected to be making the Jo’burg to Cape Town trip by bus, but we’d got very lucky with flights and had bought tickets for £35 each. Our superb host of the last few days, Ted, dropped us at the airport on his way to ‘work’ - at a golf club - and before long we were waiting for our bags in Cape Town. Gemma was getting very excited at the imminent prospect of seeing her parents, and to make the final wait for the bags even harder she’d already caught a glimpse of them. As usual her bag was amongst the last handful to appear, and then we walked through to have a tearful reunion with Gren and Sally - thankfully Gemma and Sally managed to keep their emotions under wraps though.

For the next couple of weeks we are going to be with Gemma’s parents, Gren and Sally, her brother Stuart and his girlfriend Nicola. As such Gren had asked the car rental company for a vehicle that could accommodate us all and had been delivered an ancient (200,000km+) VW minibus. At least the scary prospect of a ‘car-jacking’ had evaporated. Anyway, after a 45 minute drive we arrived at our guesthouse, ‘Moonglow’ (so called because of the full moon’s amazing reflection off the water in the bay). We stayed here a couple of years ago and had no hesitation in suggesting it for a Cape Town area base for this trip. It’s on a steep hill on the western shore of False Bay, has incredible views over the water and is owned by an extremely friendly couple, Gillian and Glynn. There is a balcony running along the length of the house and it was here that we spent the afternoon, taking our first look at our wedding photos and just generally chilling in the sunshine.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb