Leaving Hippo Lakes


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
November 25th 2022
Published: December 2nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

This morning we packed our bags and headed to the main lodge for breakfast and to settle our final bill. We hated to leave this beautiful place but we had more time coming in South Africa as we were flying to Cape Town to spend the next three days touring the West Cape area.

We said "Goodbye" to Andre, the owner of Hippo Lakes, Shaun, our ranger and guide, and the many staff who made our stay pleasant, from the housekeepers to the chef to the bartender who keep us in coffee.

We climbed aboard our van for the three hour drive to Johannesburg and arriving said "Goodbye" to our fellow travelers and headed in to get to our next flight. At this point the fun ends as we are told that the airline we are flying to Cape Town with went out of business back in May. We were never notified. After visiting all airlines that fly to Cape Town there were no tickets available for today. We got in touch with our guide in Cape Town who was to meet us at the airport and informed him we would not be arriving until tomorrow afternoon, as we had acquired tickets for noon the next day.

We were fortunate to find a room for the night at the City Lodge where we had stayed when we arrived almost a week ago and settled in for the night.

Hopefully tomorrow we will be in Cape Town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb