Down a REALLY grotty road…


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post



We woke at 7:30 and had a quick cup of tea (thinking about you several times a day, AEFS!!) and cleaned up. We had time for another stroll throught the oranges, and we had permission to pick where the pickers had already been. We plucked 10 lovely oranges, and ate one right there in the orchard. Cold, sweet, juicy--definitely the freshest orange we had ever eaten. What a neat experience. A delicious "farm breakfast" was waiting for us, and when were all done, we headed sadly off. Lupus Den gets our highest recommendation for warmth, hospitality, and heavenly food! Our next stop was at Kromme River, home of our old PE family friends, Ted and Margie Dersley. On a whim, they retired to their river-front cottage, and set up a guest lodge with (isn't this a small world??) Priscilla's old neighbors from Addo. Margie gave great directions, including warning us about "a REALLY grotty road"--she was not kidding! Conor's Landrover would have been useful on this drive! It was SO nice to see Margie and Ted! Lunch was delicious, and touching base felt really good, too. We stayed longer than we planned, because it was just so nice to be there, but that meant we drove most of the way to Sedgefield in the dark. We got to Pine Lake Marina after the reception office had closed, so we collected our keys and a map at security. We were distressed to find a family in our house and yard--they were lost, but their keys had let them into our house!! We showed them where we figured they should be, based on our map, and off they went. It was after supper time, so we headed for the Wimpy Bar/Engen gas station to get some supper. We bought some treats, too, 😊 and went back to the house to eat. We had some hot chocolate, caught up our money log and journals, and went to bed.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb