A hot and humid day


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » East London
January 7th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -32.9938, 27.8909

Between Capetown and the port of East London we had a day at sea. The seas were still rough so the time was spent reading and attending an excellent lecture on Apartheid by Michael Buerk the acclaimed journalist and reporter. We won the first Trivia Quiz with our new team which was very gratifying. Everyone dressed up for the first formal night and the Captain's welcome party before dinner. The show later on was a flautist we had seen on a previous cruise but we went to see him as he was very good.

The following morning we docked at East London a port on the Buffalo River. This town has nothing to commend it. It is a poor town with unassuming shabby buildings. The shuttle bus took us to the only place they thought worth visiting which was a huge modern shopping mall which could have been anywhere. The only thing of interest was assign saying "no trolleys or firearms past this point"!We were soon back on the shuttle and back to the ship for lunch followed by a sunbathe, a lecture on Richard's Bay and another Trivia quiz, which despite a slow start we won again! The evening show was an Abba show which we have seen times number but the music is great.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

City HallCity Hall
City Hall

Only decent building in town


9th January 2014

You have been photobombed by some gangster in the background!
9th January 2014

Well those Trollies can be quite dangerous if you push them too fast!
9th January 2014

Say hi to Trish - who looks, as ever, terrific

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb