he Hangover#1 – Seychelles styleeeee


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles
July 17th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

It all started with the England vs Algeria game. A get together at friends, there was no choice but to drink away our sorrows and we did, but given that the game started here at 10.30pm that didn’t bode well. As the sun broke and it got lighter, we realised all of a sudden (really) it was 7.30am. Usually, this isn’t a problem, we’ll laze in bed and sleep it off but nope we had plans - we had a wedding to go to. Thankfully, not a close friend so we could duck out early we hoped but our bigger problem was that we hadn’t yet bought a present either.

After three hours kip, the alarm sounded it was into town. And we’d forgotten where we were; Mahe, land of shops shutting at 12.00pm and what shops! No brand names here, no vouchers to fall back upon, so it was see something half decent, purchase and leave type of shopping ( a floral tea set with matching floral cushion covers - it was the best I could do!). We briefly entered new supermarket, were overwhelmed by people and left again seconds later. Drove home, wrapped present badly, get changed and off we went again to the church.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb