Seychelles blind dates


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » Mahé
July 30th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

No, not got sick of the other one yet (though he does push it sometimes!) and neither have I had my head turned at belly dancing, he he, but networking has suddenly become order of the day. It started with a random bumping into- and swapping of numbers- that after some thwarted attempts at planning resulted in a beach meet with A and his family. A couple of hours were spent on the beach trading stories and watching their kids hurtle about pretending to be superheroes and building sand empires. They were lovely and it was fun to be in the company of what I imagine a 2.3. family to be like - complete with dog - though the early friendship ws nearly finished as soon as it started as the dog, left to his own devices while they were in the sea, scarpered out of our view and spotted next wandering on the main road. Well trained, he did come back when shouted at, which I did, and thankfully not when a car was coming as that could have been messy.

Next was meeting ‘R’ for an informal Social Seychelles ‘Run for Fun’ run in order to see if a 10km run could soon be attempted. ’R’ had been in Seychelles all of one week and had the good fortune to have to trail behind with me, huffing and puffing, while the other one did one and ran off. R chatted while I hopefully made the right grunting noises before collapsing in heap on the beach, happily revived by a bottle of two of Seybrew - its all about getting the right balance in life I say.

Finally, courtesy of my mum’s ex next door neighbour, I met his godson (via the United States and Germany) on a medical elective at the Victoria Hospital. We met at the News Cafe, swapped stories of Seychelles’ experiences (yup that did include cars) and managed to talk politely about the World Cup, him being a German fan and all.

For Seychelles, that was an exciting week!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb