The Hangover#3 – and then it happen


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » Mahé
July 17th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

this car has a lot to answer for...
Half a mile from our house, just before a bend and the dashboard flashed and the car stopped dead. The other one tried the engine and there was nothing. My stomach dropped, we were surrounded by the deepest black and it was nearly midnight. It was horrible. We got out the car, put the hazards on and watched as a few cars drove by. We had to move the car, if we’d left it, as it was just before a bend, it would have been totalled (perhaps not a bad thing?). Thankfully, a car stopped and three young Seychellois lads offered a hand, even more thankfully, there was a house with a private drive where we could tuck the car away (we’d have been buggered if we’d broken down further up the road as there was just a ditch…. ) They kindly offered us a lift but we’d already decided who our best friend was to come pick us up -the poor bloke with the months old baby who we kept up till 7am that morning - bet he loved that we chose him.

As we waited we cursed the car, cursed the day and cursed the piggin Seychelles. Our mate arrived, dropped us off and no doubt he cursed us all the way home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb