Settling in at the Inn


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » Mahé
July 26th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We’ve managed to get a two bedroom bungalow for our two night stay at a reasonable resident’s rate and though it looks lovely from outside, painted green and cream with a wide porch and green shuttered windows, inside its very basic and the furniture purely functional. Still, I guess the idea is that we’re out most of the time. Abs spots a TV but his hopes are dashed before he has a chance to get them up as we switch it on and nothing happens. The ceiling fans above the beds are also a small cause for concern, it’s clear by the DIY way it’s hooked up that it’s clearly fallen down before.

We eat at Chez Marston where we’ve been before as though we considered heading north, it’s a dark walk. The restaurant is quite quiet, maybe because the first game of the World Cup is being played. I order a smoked fish pizza that’s gorgeous and tuck into the other one’s octopus curry too. The staff are very taken with Z and take him to meet all the other waitresses while I assure his parents, who can’t see from where they’re sat, that their son is ok and not about to be kidnapped. Not with the way I’m staring at them anyway.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb