Jaunts to the south of Mahe – more Seychelles directions hurrah!


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » Mahé
March 10th 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 of half term and a receive a text inviting us to an afternoon soiree, A mini adventure as not been to H's place before,so we set off , fortuitously finding the newbies are behind us (that's the Seychelles for you) - and they know where they're going but then they disappear from the rear view mirror. The phone rings and they tell us that we should have turned off by the building with the blue roof - we'd been told red ho hum. Follow the newbies, both cars climb up a very steep hill to find it's the wrong one so have to reverse back down again much to the other one's chagrin (I'm thinking if we do this overseas school thing again, perhaps we go to the Netherlands, v flat).

Arriving at H's and spotting the balloons and birthday cards, the little monkey hadn't told us it was a birthday party so I wish her happy birthday and then tell her off. The drinks flow, the food is yummy, topped by the biggest most chocolately chocolate cake you've ever seen. You don't see cakes like this just anywhere and I learn that you can get them done at Seychelles airport (where else?) by Skychefs or something- assuming they're the airline caterers!

H then drops the bombshell that karaoke is next. Let me be clear - I don't usually do karaoke. My strategy is one of shoop shooping backing dancer. However, during an exclusive appearance at the other one's 40th where I mauled The Proclaimers '500 miles' relying on a bobble hat and manic marching to get me through (a friend managing to extricate himself from the startled audience, joining me to spare (share?) my humiliation) broke the seal on doing embarrassing things to entertain other people (drunken antics being a separate category and too numerous to cite). As it was H's birthday not and we had to get the party started, I thought what the hell, can't let H do it all on her own. So, the other one and S found ourselves in H's living room with the Grease soundtrack the only karoake CD working - the High School Musical crack of the 70's. So we got stuck into some groin thrusting for Grease Lightning, disillusioned crooning to Beauty School Dropout and lord have mercy, skipped a solo effort of Sandy from the other one as we couldn't find it (allegedly)..

It was then someone's great idea for the other one and I, to sing we go together.

What the chuff?

We go together like biddy bop bop, chitty chang de de dop de wop?? I might have sang. The other one probably sang something completely different.

Danny and Sandy, rock and roll cool, everyone together having a great old time at the fair.

Me and the other one shouting gobbledekook into a microphone with a couple of bemused onlookers.

What a right pair of *obs.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb