Truck Trip - Windhoek


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Windhoek
August 3rd 2010
Published: November 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Back to civilisation again, but only just. We stop in Windhoek, the capital of Namibia, for a quick internet and shopping break. We are warned to carry our backpacks on our front and be extra vigilant, but it doesn't seem too dangerous to me. Much more built up than other towns we have visited, but still really a one street centre. A few larger shops and pricey souvenir outlets but hard to recognise as a capital city.
Our hostel is out of town, Cardboard Box, so we have taxi's arranged for our evening meal. Joe's Game Restaurant, excellent food, awful service as we have now come to expect. The speciality is the mixed grill skewer, chicken, kudu, ostrich, crocodile and zebra, all amazing. And the side dish of corn fritters is amazing, must remember to get that recipe as Sammy knows it. Unfortunately it's Brice's last night, so he gets a speech in 'French' from Jon, I don't think he understood a word of it, but he was also in a battle to finish a metre of lager with Ben. The waitress hits a new level of bad service, with many drinks missing, 1.5hr wait for food and some people never getting any food and Daniella getting meat in her veggie meal! They also refused coins so therefore got what was deserved which was no tip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb