More Excitement!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Swakopmund
January 12th 2007
Published: January 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today's travel has been very 'upmarket' - we caught an Intercape bus - one with an upstairs. Definitely more luxurious than the white mini buses!!
We are in Swakopmund. A lovely seaside town which has maintained many of its German characteristics, including the food. I have to admit now, that I have not lost any weight on this holiday, in fact the opposite is probably true!
Tonight we are quad biking on the dunes at sunset. Adrenalin rushes seem to be the thing at the moment, and please accept that this will be exciting for me - another first!
We have just paddled in the Atlantic, so Ian and Renske have crossed over completely from one side of Africa to the other. This will be tonight's toast I suspect.
We are considering the sand boarding - I will let you know what happens!

Advertisement



12th January 2007

If we'd have known before you left that you were going to have so much fun, we probably wouldn't have let you go! Sounds like you're having so much fun, hope you have a lot more.
12th January 2007

Good Luck Biking!
I saw the word “Swakopmund” and immediately butchered it to “Swamp Of Mud”. I am glad to hear it is a lovely town!

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb