Tofo!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Mozambique's flag
Africa » Mozambique » Southern » Inhambane
January 15th 2010
Published: January 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tofo - we finally made it!!!!

In the rain we made it..and the rain didnt stop for 5 days! I had to wear jeans and a hoody, thats how cold it was, and everything was soooo damp..not the best start.
The rain cleared and we saw the place, its goooooorgeous!!!!

The beaches are spectacular and the market is nice and bustling and the views and people are great. More than anything, its peaceful and quiet!!! No people on the beach!!!!!

The diving is beautiful - the diversity stunning!!!

Its now 29 degrees in the water and visibility varies, but sometimes as good as 25 m.
Ive seen some amazing stuff, and i see it almost everyday!!

I decided pretty early i was going to do my divemaster here so i picked a place called Liquid adventures to do it. Its smaller and better for courses. The atmosphere in there is not always the best but the quality of the learning should hopefully weigh it up!
I finished my rescue course in December and now i am officially a DMT - dive master trainee. Its brilliant but scary with the responsibility sometimes..

First we stayed in Turtle Cob=ve, a lovely relaxed backpackers and met the lovely Linda that manages it and other cool people. Then we moved into a reed house for a month, its was great, even with the rat and the mozzies..

Then 22nd December came and we moved back to Turtle cove, I have become very used to my tent by now..
Ben Sparks came to visit on the 20th - we had a great 10 days and celebrated xmas in style by the pool with fabulous xmas pudding and mince pies!

New years was good but i fell asleep before the festivities started...the hard life of a DMT..but at least i wasnt hung over the next day!
Its hard work but i enjoy it!!

Inhambane is a great little town next door where you can use the internet and buy a few more things...there isnt many things available, but its still a place i could easily stay and live!

After 2 months I have decided to stay at least for another two!

And now im going to move into a real house and have a real bed for the first time in 2 months!!!!

Watch this space!

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Jay and DanielJay and Daniel
Jay and Daniel

Jay does the DM with me andf Daniel was a Swedish honey mooner
Julia and meJulia and me
Julia and me

Julia is also a honey mooner


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 23; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb