Just 30 More Minutes!


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
January 15th 2011
Published: January 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

campus 1campus 1campus 1

a view of AUI's campus
Hey all! Just wanted to update everyone on my semester in Morocco.
Getting here took FOREVER. I flew out here on Thursday night from JFK with my friend Rebecca. It wasn't TOO bad, except for a nasty bout of turbulence. We had a short layover in Madrid before a flight to Casablanca, Morocco. At the gate we met 3 other people who it turned out were also making their way to Ifrane! Rebecca and I were relieved to have new traveling companions; we were so afraid of getting lost! To get to AUI from Casablanca we had to take 2 trains. The first trip only took about 30 minutes. The second train however seemed to take its dear old time getting into Fes. By the time we arrived (way past our expected e.t.a.) it was dark out & we were famished. After a 45 minute ride, we arrived to campus with the other exchange students. We quick dropped off our stuff & walked into town for a late dinner with some of our Student Ambassadors. Afterwards, we went to a nightclub (if you could call it that) where we hung out until 3am. Considering we had orientation bright and early at 8:30am it probably wasn't a good idea to stay out that late!
Orientation was a very long day. The highlights were meeting the other exchange students & getting my class schedule and books. The downside: 8am class Monday, Wednesday, Friday. BOO!
Well that's it. Just wanted to let people know I arrived safe & sound. Off to bed!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb