Fez - bread making


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
October 31st 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

As well as my cooking day we had also booked a half day bread making for my family with Mum and Dad able to join in they wanted. Mum decided to come and Dad was going to watch and wander.
We had a great day, same place and teacher as before. Lucy wasn’t feeling so good, mostly tired we think, so she spent the time lying down on the couch upstairs and chatting to the bellydancing teacher who came in and playing with her Littlest Pet Shop things. I was glad she’d had such a great day cooking with me earlier.
We made a variety of breads including one stuffed with a meat and olive mixture and a very flakey one that we’d been having for breakfast. We took the bread down to the nearby bread oven for cooking, as did many people (we often saw women and children walking with trays of risen dough on a tray going to the bread oven.)
The bread was delicious and we all ate it with mint tea for a late lunch. It was a great fun activity for us all to do with each person doing as much or little as they liked and the cook was very happy to talk to us about cooking and life in Morocco in general.

Dad and I had been for a walk early in the morning down towards the river and slightly out of the medina - and watched all the people walking in to walk. Then later Dad, Ken and I had a walk before dinner for an hour through parts of the medina we hadn’t been to. Dinner being a very relaxed gathering of food we’d cooked in the last couple of days in the cooking classes and bits I’d bought in the market.

We ended the day back at café Clock as we had arranged for the girls to have henna patterns on their hands. Looks great but not sure if it will last till we get home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb