Fez


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
October 31st 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a 7 hour train trip from Marrakesh to Fez which was a very easy way to travel. Very dry predominantly rural areas although we also passed Casablanca and Rabat (the capital). There were lots of olive groves but not nearly as many as Spain. Unfortunately there were also vast quantities of plastic shopping bags. We saw them everywhere in Morocco, with fields covered in them and trees full of them. Its very sad and seems to be part of a general problem with rubbish. For us it wasn’t too bad but certainly noticeable that there is a terribly casual attitude to rubbish. There were few rubbish bins around and on a walk one morning Dad and I saw people just dropping bags of rubbish into the river.

Our Dar (house) in Fez was beautiful. It was different to our previous one with a smaller courtyard and more internal access. No pool, but it wasn’t as hot, just a good warm temperature and intricate wrought iron work over the windows looking down on the courtyard. The stairs were small and steep but everyone managed.
Again we had a lovely dinner prepared for us when we arrived.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.319s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb