Train travel


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
October 10th 2022
Published: October 10th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today we headed north to our first house swap, at a beach town called Bouznika. Our 1st train wasn't til just before 10, so we didn't need to set an alarm. We did a workout video on the terrace, got showered, had breakfast and got ready to go. The train station was just a 5 min walk away.
The train station was clean and not overly crowded. For our 1st train, to Casablanca, the seating was assigned. Lots of legroom, space for our bags up top. Then we had just under an hour in Casablanca before our next train. Toilets were just those holes in the ground- I hate those, I'm always worried I'll pee on my feet or something. We walked a couple blocks from the train station, but there was nothing to see nearby and we had our bags to haul along, so we returned to the station.
The next 2 trains had no assigned seating, so we just found ourselves a spot. One of the trains had 2 levels.
Our house swap hosts, Latifa and Rachid, picked us up from the train station and drove us to the apartment, then had tea and cookies with us. They were really nice, we're going to have dinner with them later this week. They live in Rabat, which is a bit north of here, and this apartment is like their weekend/holiday spot.
Our apartment is lovely- 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, big balcony, living room, kitchen. The apartment complex has a pool. There are a few small shops for food a 5-10 min walk away, and the beach is walkable (we're planning for beach day tomorrow).
The afternoon, I walked to the shops and bought a few things for making meals. Then caught up on some messages, took another short walk, now going to settle in with a book. It'll be nice to have 5 nights in one spot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb