The never-ending drive


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
October 8th 2022
Published: October 9th 2022
Edit Blog Post

During our night camping out in the desert, it started raining. I'm thinking it's a fairly infrequent occurrence, happy we weren't just sleeping under the stars, but had the protection of a tent! It also cooled down quite a bit, I ended up putting on my polar fleece and socks during the night.
We were already awake by 4:30 thanks to the noises of being next to the bathroom 🤮 We were supposed to meet at 6:30am for another camel ride, to see the sunrise- I had already had my fill of riding a camel, and definitely didn't want to ride a wet camel, but we got up to see what was happening, as by then the rain had tapered off, but it was overcast.
The guide let us know that things were canceled due to the weather, and that the rest of the group had decided to sleep in. We were already up, and so were Jean Michel and Karine, so we decided to go on a little desert walk. It was pretty windy on the top of the dunes. No sunrise to speak of, but it was nice to get out to spend some time on the dunes again before heading out.

We walked out of the desert to the hotel that was serving breakfast and had shower facilities. By 8:30, we were supposed to head out. That rolled into 9 or so.
The whole day was basically driving, with a few bathroom breaks and a lunch stop. The day before, we were supposed to have stopped at the Valley of the Roses but didn't have time- on the ride, the driver just pointed to it as we drove past.
Rain started again in the afternoon, as we were going on the windy mountain roads. We tried tp get comfortable to nap a bit, but it's hard to sleep sitting up. Monica devised a sling for feet by tying the head scarf to the seat ahead- we're planning to market it and make tons of money, the Travel Sling (patent pending).
By the time we arrived in Marrakesh it was about 9pm. We got dropped at our new Airbnb (lovely!), and then wandered out and got some takeout pizza as a late dinner. Tomorrow we're sleeping in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb