Scenic Day trip Biking to Blue Bay


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius
October 10th 2015
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -20.4228, 57.7088

Decided to have an adventure and bicycle over to Blue Bay which was around the island from Mahebourg. We were traveling on a two lane road but the drivers were very courteous and gave us the road as we traveled along. There were stunning views of the open water and Lions Head in the distance.ch

We stopped at a new reserve for the mangroves and wetlands. It was low tide and there was not much water but there were a few birds in there hunting. Rode on and arrived at Blue Bay. Walked our bikes over to the public beach and rested, hydrated and had a snack.

Watched people coming and going from boat tours around the island. Looks like this part of the island is exclusive hotels with very little public area right on the waterfront. Checked out the places to eat with a water view and most of their food appeared to be fried so we decided to head back to Mahebourg. Stopped along the way at a pizza place that had been recommended by Trips Advisor and it was delicious; all the ingredients fresh and crust delicious. Back to the room to pack because we are leaving in the morning to go over to Grand Baie (Grand Bay).

Ate dinner that night at Le Vielle Rouge for dinner. Sat outside with a great view of the giant banyon tree outside watching the children playing in the street. Had a very nice dinner and part of their service gave us a ride back to Le Bamboo.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb