Mauritius for training…#


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius
July 30th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

One attraction of the new job was the possibility of undertaking training in Mauritius, a two hour flight from Seychelles, and so it came to be. Myself and my jobshare partner were shipped off to learn the procurement and purchasing packages for the FCO and meet our fellow colleagues of the BHC in Mauritius. Mauritius is surprisingly, I think, home to a million people and has a reputation for being more built up than our fair islands. Indeed, the capital Port Louis was an hour’s drive from the airport, somewhat novel for this islander.


it's bigger than it looks!
Arriving at our hotel and I was disappointed that I only managed 2.5 rolls across the bed (not yet equalling the other one’s record of 3.5 at the Grosvenor in Chester) but still more than enough space to lounge about in and watch my massive flat screen cable TV, woo hoo. We met up with another girl from the Madagascar office and had dinner together before retiring back to my room and watching two below average films - Under the Tuscan Sun and Griffin and Phoenix - there’s a reason you probably haven’t heard of them!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb