daytrip to segkouro


Advertisement
Mali's flag
Africa » Mali » Centre » Ségou
August 9th 2008
Published: August 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

ancient mosqueancient mosqueancient mosque

facing the niger, this is the ancient mosque built by the first king of segou in honour of his mother which was a muslim that married an animist
la brusse is how you call in african french to all those towns away from the city which you usually see in tv and look like taken out of the highetr neolithic period. well, in segou I rented a bike and biked to a town nearby, called segkouro or something lmike that which was the old capital of the region of segou.

it was beautiful, rural, there was a wedding that was on its fifth day, its suppoused to last a week, and there I was invited to sit, drink water, and then tea, in the usual order. then a griot came to play softsongs in th shade, and although I was a bit down cause of lariam it all worked fine.

for lunch I had to, a sort of bread made of "mijo" in spanish, kinda like italian polenta) with baobab sauce and fish sauce, had to eat it making a ball with my right hand; of course. it was disgusting if you want to know the truth. way more than the sum of the ingredients; some negative synergetic effect working over there in the kitchen.

I will go back to that town, sooner or later. one day there made me love africa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

griotgriot
griot

he had the most amicable face i have seen in weeks, and it was too sweet see him share his chair with his friend. he will always play strings


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb