Ranomafana National Park


Advertisement
Madagascar's flag
Africa » Madagascar
August 8th 2005
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Baby panda lemurBaby panda lemurBaby panda lemur

These are the lemurs we follwed as they leapt from tree to tree.
Geo: -21.1736, 47.7088

The rain forest!! Wow!!! We arrived at night after a 4hr journey along probably the bumpiest road in the world! It was like a roller coaster! When I woke up in the morning I gasped on seeing the view from the door. In front of me stood huge mountains covered in lush green forest. It was magical. I just couldn't believe it! We headed off for Parc National de Ranomofana, said to be the best place to see the lemurs. Our driver knew a guide (our driver knew lots of people!!) and off we went into the depths of the forest. Every plant seemed to have some kind of medical use. After about an hr we saw our first lemur, a tiny little brown thing. It was adorable. The only problem was that for the one lemur there were about 20 tourists with their cameras! the biggest problem being that the tourists are mainly French. Infact, the French presence was the only complaint I have about Madagascar!! (sorry for any French people reading this but u have to admit you're not the most friendly of travellers!!) We moved on towards where my favourite lemurs may be, the black and white ones that look like little pandas. We spotted them, again surrounded by tourists but it was soon followed by some real Indiana Jones action! Domoina asked 'do u want to follow them?' And off we zoomed, chasing after the lemurs as they leapt through the trees, stumbling through the undergrowth and getting tangled in the vines, dodging the trees. It was truly amazing to be wandering through the rain forest!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Tarzan!Tarzan!
Tarzan!

There were even vines to swing on!
The foodThe food
The food

I had great fun munching through every part of a chicken you could possibly imagine and making the most mess you could possibly imagaine! Rebecca wasn't quite so contented!
The Food HutThe Food Hut
The Food Hut

We opted for the cheaper food option and ate lunch in the Guide's hut. Best view around! Note the wonderful tree, one of the symbols of Madagascar.
View from the hotel roomView from the hotel room
View from the hotel room

You can imagine how chuffed I was when I opened the hotel door!
View into the rainforestView into the rainforest
View into the rainforest

Lush jungle everywhere!


18th April 2014

Sont-ce des papayes?

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb