I tried to buy a mans wife & Millipedes aren't drugs for humans - Nosy Komba


Advertisement
Africa » Madagascar » Nosy Be
April 21st 2016
Published: April 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

No breakfast again so we decided to go and talk to the Yachties about getting to Mayotte which would not be possible (it iz not possible became a common theme through this trip) and the Bank of Africa has no desire to have Aussie dollars so after a trip into Hellville, the commercial centre of Nosy Be to try and change some money we looked for dive shops open (iz not possible) and spent the day or... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

20120101_04185920120101_041859
20120101_041859

Eddies Wife..Not For Sale



21st April 2016
20120101_031847 - Copy (2)

Leaping lemurs!
How fantastic to get to wear a lemur hat and have their soft little hands take bananas from you, though I must say, this little grounded lemur doesn't look quite as graceful as when up a tree! Handy that you connected with 2pac, so for a small fee, he was able to grease those Nosy wheels. And curious that lemurs have millipedes to get them high--maybe it's a sign that we were all meant to experience the world a bit differently at times. Hmmm.
24th April 2016
20120101_031847 - Copy (2)

I guess every family has one Tara
This little guy is I think transitioning from boyhood to lemur manhood hence his scruffy appearance. None of the others got down on the ground but he approached from the rear at ground level to do a commando banana raid while the others screamed at him in Indignation. I think hes the lemur equivalent of the clumsy cousin who comes to visit and farts loudly and knocks your tableware over.
22nd April 2016

Holding hands
Must have been special. Hope it was as good as it sounds Cindy. Being jumped on and having your hands held by lemurs who have the softest most amazing little hands...brilliant.
24th April 2016

They have human hands
Dave Leila the Tuarag Princess would have approved of their manicured hands..presentation is spotless. Not only are they soft and their long fingers seem to mirror ours but they seem to be particular about keeping their hands clean. The lady lemur who wanted to use my head as a hat actually sat their and cleaned her hands finger lickin good style before she moved off. I must apologise for the lack of photos in these first blogs...they were taken with my phone and Ipad as my camera was set up for underwater photography......and the unthinkable happened when I got home. I soaked my Ipad in hot water and bleach in the washing machine by accident rendering it deader than dead to my utter horror.....Plus leapers are not that easy to take pics of so next blog I will have some close ups of their amazing hands off my good camera. Still kicking myself over washing the Ipad :(
24th April 2016

Get out there and do this now! Life in technicolor.
Words of wisdom. I applaud them coming by cruise ship and attempting it because I imagine it might be one of their life dreams and at least they are trying instead of sitting back home on the couch watching National Geographic. I wish they had done it younger and who can say why they didn't. Life is short and we must seize the opportunity. Good for you for achieving this dream before 50. No millipedes for you! :) Which son would have gotten the girl?
24th April 2016

Id have let them fight it out over the girl ;)
Perhaps some millipede got in my bag, i just reread that and realised I was swimming while sleeping off a migraine..quick edit required. Eddies beautiful wife would have had them sorted out in a heartbeat had she taken me up on my offer lol, the malagasy girls are no shrinking violets. Its interesting that many of the working girls have a boy toy who acts as basically a house husband/child carer while they are with their clients. The arrangement seems to work somehow. Women's liberation has done a 180 with the magache people - some of the women are downright scary. I did ask one girl if I could take her photo and she answered my question with her Machete..message received loud and clear!. I saw the same age related issue in Tahiti and particularly Rangiroa. Its a shame that the cruise ship directors don't assess each passengers health and point them in the direction of the Ylang Ylang distillery where they could see Lemurs of various species that have been housed there for a captive breeding program, whilst still hot its at least flat and they do offer the most welcome rum aranghe cocktails - or in our case mocktails - midway through the tour in the shopping area......yes.....i went shopping again........i think Marna was surprised at seeing me in a shopping frenzy. I hate shopping so much but the ylang ylang oils and creams were so tempting and had my olfactory senses in a jitter I did more shopping in three minutes than i have in five years. I tried putting myself in the shoes of the gentleman who almost made it - at 70 do they think like I do now i'm 50 that i'm still really only about 30? Shame to find out the hard way its too late.......so....yes, do it now. On the other hand they are at least out on a cruise ship instead of sitting day after day with a blanket on their lap watching the bold and the beautiful.........;)
19th May 2016

Love the lemurs!
Well, I wondered where you had gotten up to, and it's Madagascar! Wow. So jelly. Happy 50th too! Great blogs!
19th May 2016

Thanks Andrea
Old is good when your holding hands with lemurs or hanging with turtles ;)

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb