Days 9, 10, and 11: The End!


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Western Province » Butere
August 27th 2009
Published: August 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Since have been mainly concentrating on finishing off there’s not a great deal of exciting things to talk about! Everybody has been working so hard it’s been all hands to the pumps to get everything completed. We even had to cancel our football rematch although we rescheduled it for Thursday evening. Here’s a summary of what’s been accomplished over these 2 weeks.

Over 1500 KM have been driven by Elias in his bus through 1 monsoon and many torrential downpours.

At Eshimuli Guest House more then 3500 bricks have been carried over 40 meters and up 3 flights of stairs and then laid to make 6 new rooms with bathrooms. Nearly 200M of electrical wiring as been laid to install 30 new lights, and 19 new light switches. To brighten the place up over 60 litres of paint applied to the walls and ceilings.

At the Chadwick library the water tank was repaired to enable the toilets to work for the first time in many months. To aid students in their learning a wireless network has been installed with two laptops and a network printer has been configured.

Over at Shiatsala Secondary School over 20 Litres of paint applied to the bare mortar walls in the computer room. Almost 100M of electrical cable has been run to supply 17 Sockets, and 10 florescent strip lights. 25M of wooden benches has been built from scratch. 24 panes of glass have been fitted. 1 Wireless mobile gateway, 1 Network attached storage device and 21 Computers have installed and configured. 7 teachers have been trained!

Oh and collectively we consumed at least 38 Imodium tablets.

It’s been an amazing couple of weeks and apart from all the work we have done we have made many new friends.

We couldn’t have done this without the support and prayers of everyone back home so we thank you all.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



27th August 2009

2 weeks already! It's wonderful to read through that long long list of things you guys have accomplished in the short time you've been there - amazing! There's a church hall that needs building next in Hartford!! Wishing you all safe travel back and looking forward to hearing more stories and seeing the rest of the ... hundred photos! Fantastic what you guys have achieved.
27th August 2009

Well Done
Well done to you all. Have a safe journey home. God Bless, Ro, Sarah and family.
28th August 2009

See you soon!
Have a safe journey everyone. Can't wait to see you Matt. Much love-Angela and Joseph xx
28th August 2009

WoW
What an amazing achievement, you all must be so proud. I'm really going to miss this blog, it's been the first thing we do in the morning!!! Have a safe journey home. Lots of love Joxxxxxxxxxx ( Andys sister )
28th August 2009

What a fantastic achievement! Well done guys, you've done an amazing job and worked so hard! xx
28th August 2009

Janet Greaves: WELL DONE!
Guys, God has enabled you to do great things in His name for which we praise Him, asking Him to finish by bringin gyou all home safe and sound. Thanks so much for sharing this experience through teh blog. It's been great to hear about it blow by blow as it were! See you all very soon! Love Janetxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
28th August 2009

Well Done, guys!
It's fantastic what you have been able to acheive in such a short space of time, and that the Lord has brought you through the various trials and problems you have experienced. Our thoughts are with you on your long journey home and we are praying for journeying mercies for you. God bless you all! The Landy family.
30th August 2009

Well done !!!!!!
Well done everyone, what a fantastic job you have all done. Welcome home. God Bless, Maxine and Chris

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb