The People


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province
April 1st 2011
Published: April 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post


We continue to be impressed by the people of Kenya. Their willingness to accept us with such graciousness is very humbling. They are so kind in their hosting of us and meeting our needs to the best of their ability. Four are staying in their recently completed guest quarters and Karen and I are staying in Timothy and Florence’s house. Our quarters are quite comfortable and we have been able to take hot showers! The food is prepared very well over open fires and we have more than enough. Elizabeth, their daughter, is on break from nursing school, and has been given the task of taking care of us. She brings hot water to wash before every meal. The best part is her Godly spirit in serving and the joy she brings to each task of cleaning, cooking, and washing our clothes.

It has been a blessing to become reacquainted with the Pastors we had met previously, as well as meeting the new ones in the ministry. Charles, whose home we were guests in last time, greeted us with hugs and calling us “Mum” and “Dad”. They are so eager to learn and enjoying so much the teachings of Pastor Paul and Dr. Jennings. They are excited to be involved in what they call, “the college”. The teachers have been so impressed by their level of understanding of scripture. There have been quality questions and great discussions.

We also had the opportunity to visit the “Chicken Project” hosted on a farm near the headquarters where we are staying. A very educated and prosperous couple, Grace & Jehosaphat, are allowing the ministry to use their property to raise 500 chickens. They have a clean, well cared for operation and had chickens in various growing stages. Some are bred for layers while others for broilers. God has placed on their heart, a desire to help the community by starting an agriculture center so people could learn more effective ways of farming. Education is so important to them and they see it as a means to improve the quality of life for the people.

Hopefully, more to come later.

Gary


Advertisement



1st April 2011

With thanksgiving
We have eagerly awaited news, and are so grateful to hear all is going well. Sounds like there are many blessings on both sides. Continue to pray that God will use you all and you continue to share His love.
7th April 2011

prayers are with you
Hi Gary & Karen, Thanks for including us in your travel blog. Our prayers are with you every day that you will have a fruitful and safe trip. See you in November! Jim & Ruth

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb