Mommy, I don't feel so good...


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Masai Mara NP
September 22nd 1999
Published: March 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This morning I don't feel so well and decide to stay in bed while the group goes on the morning safari. In the afternoon we hike over to the nearby Masai village to have a look around and are welcomed by Big Moses and his fellows. There is a market where you can buy some trinkets and we are invited inside one of the traditional huts made of cow dung to look around. Apart from the door there is only a small window and it is absolutely pitch black inside even though there is a fireplace in the middle of the room. As we crowd some fifteen people inside you could be forgiven to think you were inside a sauna. The visit to the village was extremely interesting and the Masai very friendly, and the fact that I don't have any photos from this experience is such a damn shame that I will have to redo this at a later point in life.

Two days ago I had signed up on a list to join a special night safari trip that was not included in the package. An Israeli woman in the area will arrange these drives where you ride out into the park in her car at night equipped with night vision goggles to spot the night active animals. It was not cheap but I still had enough funds and it was not a difficult choice to go for such an unusual experience. Unfortunately no one else was interested in joining and so the trip had to be cancelled as she required at least two paying customers. Bollocks! As this was the last night at the camp we did have a special dinner where we were treated to some exotic meats, including wildebeest and zebra. it was a fun experience but not particularily tasty.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb