The Masai Tribe


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

When we were told that it would cost 4000 Shillings per person (or $42 USD/person) to visit the Masai village, Gene and I decided it was time to put our foot down. $84 US dollars seemed a very high price to pay when it cost us only $25 in total to visit the more developed villages of South Africa. Not surprised that even our guide would pretend this was a reasonable price to pay, Gene and I proc... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




3rd July 2007

papa roach
that's skanky. just totally skanky. i loathe insects.
3rd February 2008

I just want to go to Africa so badly. Thank you for these photos, how fascinating is this culture, how different from America.
7th July 2008

These people will be here when cilization dies.
All races come from black people, and the white man knows he come from a tribe in east africa, especially this tribe (Maasai). I don't like the way these white vistors has talked about these people. Frist of all, these people are in a human zoo which you go to see. And, the price for coming into their village is worth more than the price asked for. Theses people are leting strangers come into their village,which could be bring dieases that can hurt or kill them. Yes, these people live in very poore conditions,but it has been their way of life since ancient time and they have survied. So, who are we to put down someone way of living,especially when they did't ask you to come to their land or home. I know these people is probley the white man foundation from which he come from...Just look at their features on the face...skinny nose, I thought all black people had wide noses,but not the eastern tribes of Africa,because this is where the garden of eden was, and the nile is the river that ran out of the garden of eden. Therefore, this land and area is the answers to man creation on this......dig deeper, you will find out that, "black man came from another planet,which the bible tells you that. But, eventhouth, we have broken off into different tribes and races, we are all from the same family, Human-being, and the being stand for the part of use not from this earth.
5th May 2009

Thanks!
These are very interesting pictures. Thank you so much for sharing!
7th December 2009

umar
i enjoyed the pictures a lot. Thanks for sharing
14th December 2009

Masai Traditions
Hi, I really enjoyed reading this particular blog entry. Was wondering if you know any customs surrounding the Masai blankets? Thank you, Yulandi
21st January 2010

Kool , these are some good facts fam !
30th June 2011
The Mark of the Masai

blablabla
lololololololololol
29th July 2011

Masai Food Habits
Recently on our visit to Masai Mara in Kenya and Lake Manyara and Gorongoro in Tanzania in the year 2011, we had occassions to meet wonderful Masai people and visit their village like what Gene and his wife did. Me my wife and firends were provided with wonderful insight in their customs and tradition. What we found amazing was the fact that inspite of living in villages , the tribe does not cultivate and grains or vegetables and do not at all rely or perhaps eat the grain seeds. At the same time, they do not hunt the animals for food as we are told and depend entirely on the poultry for survivial. We were told that a village chief has a council of his own consisting of four persons besides himself, one of which is the mid-wife who helps delivering children,the other being the medicine man and the other two, again based on their work for the village, I do not remember for the time being. All in all a wonderful tribe with great survival skills and importantly habits that mend with the nature.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb