And so the safari starts


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province
June 11th 2017
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Early start this morning, truck packed up and away for 8, 4 hour drive to lake Nakuru where we'll be spending 1 night, quite a bumpy ride but was good to pass bamboos and zebras on the side of the road, stoped to look at view of the great Rift Valley..
Campsite ok, had lesson on how to pitch tent and were given our rota, my daily task was doing the cooking fortunate they must have had a tip off about my cooking because my help wasn't needed.
After lunch we boarded the truck for our first game drive. We did see 2 of the big 5, rhinos & buffalo's, no lions but there's time yet, lots of zebra's, baboons, impala's, Thompsongazelle's ,jackal's & warthogs so not a bad day in all, was good to see them all where they should be rather than cages.
Back at the camp our rice & stew was ready (again no cooking) everyone getting on really well, sat and watch a guy doing fire eating before a well earned bed time (9 o clock) oh forgot to mention lots of giraffe's)



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th June 2017

Hair
Do you think someone has told them about the hair and that's why you're not cooking? Have fun!!!

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb