The Winning Team


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province
February 21st 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Football season has finished. It was a good season. I missed good American football while living abroad. I expanded my horizons and learned to love the game of rugby (having a South African huband contributed to this appreciation). However, nothing beats the feeling of watching the quarterback throw a strong pass and seeing my favorite team catch and run the ball into the endzone for a touchdown. A win comes from a lot of practice and a team that works together.

International Treasure House Ministries works as a team. We; those of you who contribute, we who distribute and those on the ground working hands on with the children are the team. We are a team that works toward the goal of saving children. Saving them from the hands of those people and circumstances that oppose and oppress them. We score when a child no longer has to go hungry, when they get to put their hands on a book and learn and when they do not have to sleep afraid.

The Superbowl is very exciting but more exciting is the Super work our team is doing this year. We are continuing to raise funds for the "Talitha Koum" multipurpose/rescue center. Due to the amazing offerings we received construction the Talitha Koum is going to resume this week. The board of Spring Valley Academy had a meeting and they invited me to sit on the board as the "International Advisor". All systems are in place and we are going full speed ahead (although not many things move quickly in Kenya due to bureaucracy).

We are still working with HOREC who recently got their new well up and running. This means they are providing water for the surrounding village which makes everyone's lives just a little bit easier. We are looking into how best to irrigate their garden to help them produce the greatest yield. This project has been on the backburner for some time as they were waiting to get their deep well up and running.

Two of our sponsored girls are now in college and one just finished a catering course. We still have 5 girls in high school trying their best to get good grades.

Thank you to all who are on our team. If you are not yet on our team and would like to be, please join us in whatever capacity you can to help these children!

Thanks again and God bless,

Jennifer Phillips Lawrence

*If you would like to contribute financially please make your tax-deductible check out to:

ITHM 23223 S. Warmstone Way Katy, TX 77494

*If you do any online shopping you can raise funds for ITHM with the click of a button. Just download the "Search for Good" toolbar and choose International Treasure House Ministries as your non-profit of choice. A portion of your purchase from participating vendors will go to ITHM!

* If anyone has experience with Joomla software, I need your help! Please. 😊 Just send me a note on this site and let me know if you could spare a few moments to help me make a few changes to my web page.

Thank you again! Go Team!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb