Meh Part 3


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province » Mombasa
January 24th 2007
Published: January 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Had another night out last night again, even though it was supposed to be a chill out Night!
Went to the Castle for Kirstys birthday, had a few tuskers and met the new people who started with i to i this weekand they all seemed pretty cool, one girl looks like someone i know but i couldn't remember who until today. Anyway, poppy went to tanzania this morning so i went to Dicksons myself, pretty easy tbh, just read Dylans autobiography most of the way, which i am getting into and by the way is the best book i've read in so long, can't wait for the next volume to come out.

I think tomorrow i will defintely go for an early night, i fell asleep last night at 6 o clock just reading on my bed before we went out, so i guess i need a long nap.Going out again to castle tonight for weekly i to i meeting though, be rude to miss that i suppose.

Really looking forward to lamu now, it should be an absolute ball, and i also have the added bonus of being the only guy, so another girl has to sleep in my room every night(gutted haha). Might actually be able to use my sleeping bag and liner now, shocking how hot it is at night and i feel guilty for not using it, so im taking it there just in case the hotels crappy. Don't know why a fleece was on the i to i list!Took up so much space, i cant see me wearing that except when i go in spasms on rentering the UK's cold environment, like those guys in foil jackets after running a marathon.

Today was another good day at work too, feel like i accomplished a lot, did the usual duties in the morning, afternoon teaching was really productive though(maybe cos im giving them sweets if they do well???) and even vincent worked hard, in fact he worked really harsd, was a bit of a suck up to be honest!Pleased i am managing to make some progress, going to try and plan lessons as mucha s possible from now on, make sure i am teaching them stuff, not telling them stuff they know.Its ahrd to get them to learn new things though, they are so lazy and language barrier does prevent some communication, but they don't seem to try and understand new concepts really but its coming along well in general. Had good morning in parts though, especially kicking the ball around with mwangi and Mosa and getting Olina to say my name right which was nice.

Good Things since last time-
Dormans, the Kenyan Starbucks!

Not waking up Sweaty!

Sitting on the roof of the House, looking at the stars- awesome!

Bad Borat jokes with John and Simon-
-------NOT!(Only if youve seen the movie)

Libertines anecdotes.

Photos asap,

Love you all

Lloyd

Advertisement



25th January 2007

Hello
Hi Lloyd, Thought I'd put a comment on last week but doesn't seem, to be here. Probably hit the wrong button! Glad to hear you're settling in. Like your Mum said, don't smoke anything if you don't know what it is! Could be anything!!!! Make the most of the experience and take care. Your blogs are really interesting, glad to hear it's not all hard work. Lots of love Mand xxxx

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb