Pole Pole (Part 2)


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province » Mombasa
January 20th 2020
Published: January 20th 2020
Edit Blog Post

We are getting there, but not quite there yet.



Alain tried to get the truck out on Friday but it seems bureaucracy was not on our side. We were then all set for Saturday but then the IT system at the port of Mombasa went down and as best we can work out everyone there decided they couldn't possibly do anything.



So Alain headed to the coast to have a few days relaxing and snorkelling. He tells me he met the entire cast of Finding Nemo whilst snorkelling (all except a turtle). It seems he had the resort to himself and other than washing his pants had a fairly relaxed few days.



So to Monday morning and the good news is that the Customs people cleared our container on Saturday afternoon (so apparently one person was working that day). Alain is now getting the container transported out of the customs area where the car can be unloaded and all that remains is for the carnet de passage (which is like a passport for the car) to be stamped. Whether that can be done today or tomorrow we shall see.



I fly out this afternoon to join Alain and hopefully we will be on our way tomorrow lunchtime or at the very worst the next morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb