Cultural Day


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Central Province » Mt. Kenya
May 31st 2011
Published: June 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Slept in this morning, then off to Nanyuki Spinners and Weavers, where a short tour showed the whole process from raw wool to woven product. The women work very hard so it was a pleasure to buy from them. There is an elementary school as well as girls secondary school adjacent. On the way back to the hotel we visited a Benedictine monastery where they hold weekend retreats for young people. Brother Andrew showed us around. It was meager but felt very spiritual. He explained the work they do there, hosting groups of children and travelers from afar for African Bible study and personal reflection. After lunch some of the group went to visit a former actress, Donna Peabody, formerly married to William Hurt. Carol said she seemed lonely living here in Africa by herself. After hearing about her, I wish I had gone too, but was feeling poorly due to stomach distress. On to the Cipro, which had an immediate positive affect. Very tired and looking forward to an early wake-up, we chose to stay in, ordered a hamburger from room service, and turned in early.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb