Freedom and Holidays


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Addis Ababa Region
April 1st 2012
Published: April 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Selam!

13 hours later we arrived in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia!!! We are in the airport waiting for out connecting flight to Nairobi, Kenya. It smells just like I remember 😊 i am sitting here looking at the mountains in the distance, the sun is bright and burning off the morning fog. What time is it? Haha.

Flight was great! Got to watch the African sunrise out the plane window as we were landing. Wow. It didnt even look real. God was flexing for us. 😊 Was entertained watching all the beautiful children running up and down the isles during flight! Their beautiful honey brown flawless skin, big brown eyes, giggles, and adorable hair styles......I just want to scoop them up and take them home. That sounds creepy. It is so cool how the whole plane looked after these children even though they didn't know them. Def. don't see that flying in the States.

I also had a great conversation with the guys sitting next to me. B & B was what I called them. They were trying to teach me how to say their names but I couldn't make the sounds. They enjoyed a few good laughs from my attempts. They have been living in San Diego, Cali, for the last 4 years working as cab drivers. One of them won the US Visa Lottery and that is how he was able to go to the States. I always wanted to meet someone who won the lottery..... I never specified which kind. Haha.

I asked them what their favorite part of living in America was and what they missed the most about Ethiopia. Their response...... "Our favorite part of living in America is the freedom. Freedom in everything, you can wear anything, believe anything, do anything, and not be judged. Freedom to information and education. So much freedom.......And the thing we miss the most about Ethiopia is the way we celebrate Holidays. Ethiopian celebrations are unreal, and the family unit is much closer and Ethiopians put more emphasis on spending time with people." #humbled #challenged

Can't shake that statement. How about you?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb