On the Road


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Addis Ababa Region » Addis Ababa
November 8th 2008
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ruta writing…After completing a project milestone by presenting a strategic plan to 25 stakeholders, I was ready to head out of Addis Ababa to see more of Ethiopia’s sights. We took advantage of the kids’ week long half-term break, rented a car and driver and headed out. Whew, I know I’ll always remember the fantastic sights that we saw. Unfortunately my limitations as a photographer became glaringly obvious on this trip. As we drove through the countryside, it sometimes felt like we were driving through a picture book. Outside of polluted, chaotic Addis Ababa, the roads steadily got more basic and rather quickly we passed more and more basic villages. Thatched roof tukul houses replaced the corrugated tin roof houses, and power lines and telephone poles gradually disappeared. Through the course of the week we saw wild zebras, babboons, hippos, camels, nyala antelope, warthogs, and more. We literally danced with native tribes and suffered 2 flat tires. One flat tire in the desert attracted kids seemingly materializing out of nowehere-running towards us from all directions. More details to follow...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb