Please take supplies when you go.


Advertisement
Congo, Democratic Republic of the's flag
Africa » Congo Democratic Republic » East » Goma
January 31st 2010
Published: January 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

2009 Trip to DRCongo and Rwanda
If you are planning a trip to Africa I would like to suggest you consider taking full advantage of the airline's excess baggage allowance. The airlines will allow up to ten 50lb boxes of supplies for $150 each. This may seem like a lot but it's pretty easy to ask friends and family for donations to cover the expense. And you will not believe the deep gratification you will feel delivering these supplies anywhere you go. There are several non-profit organizations that will donate medical supplies, medicines, vitamins etc if you can prove that you will deliver them to places in the world where they are desperately needed. It's best to buy your ticket 2 months in advance and quickly contact these agencies to acquire the donated supplies. I took 7 boxes of medical supplies to a mountaintop village in DRCongo and it was the highlight of my life. I felt such joy and honor in delivering these boxes that it's all I want to do in the future. You're invited to my Blog at http://kathrynmccampbell.wordpress.com for more details and photos of this big adventure. Or contact Medwish International for information about donated medical supplies. Have a wonderful trip. You will never be the same.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb