CWB return to Botswana


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » South-East » Gaborone
August 25th 2010
Published: August 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nine representatives of the charity Cricket Without Boundaries will be going to Botswana in mid October 2010 to carry on the work of raising the awareness of HIV / AIDS through coaching cricket to primary school teachers and children.
Six of the team are returnees from the successful 2009 trip - Will McLaren-Clark, Allan Parker Reed, Veronique Cowan Goessant, Mike Griggs, Mike and Veronika Reeves. They will be joined by Adrian Shankar, Chris Bond and Michael Stratford.
In conjunction with the Botswana Cricket Association, the CWB team will be based for a week in and around Gaborone before moving up to Francistown for the second week. In both centres, the mornings will be spent tutoring school teachers the basics of coaching before spending the afternoons teaching the children cricket whilst spreading the ABC message (abstinence, be faithful, condom) as well as stressing the importance of knowing your status - testing, treatment and breaking down the stigma barriers. The week will finish off with a tournament for the children who have been coached in the previous few days.
Have a look at last year's blog
www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Tsitsiri



Advertisement



17th October 2010

hi
hi hope u had a gd flight have a gd time hello africa and mums friends love u mam
22nd October 2010
Botswana 2009

Great photo... keep up the good work.. Andrea (Mick S daughter!)

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb