Two days in Chobe National Park


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Chobe National Park
August 3rd 2012
Published: August 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

July 28 and 29 we still in Chobe National park. First morning we headed out at 6 am for our first game drive, we were with Aussies whcih was very cool. we pretty much saw a different kind of wild animal roaming around every corner. we can see why chobe safari park is so popular! lots of giraff, buffaloo, hippo, water buck, baboon, sable, red letche, antelope, wart hog and even a lone honey badger. so cool being up so close. the animals were not at all concerned with us being there.

booked a little boat drive so ella and i could get more game veiwing time in. we had jeff drive us up chobe river to get even more up close with the huge heards of elephants and buffalo. saw lots of baby elephants and herda drinking along the river. didnt really need a zoom lens when u that close and aparrently elephants do a mock charge at u if they not happy just to warn u which really wasnt that reassuring lol i mean its not like u can dive into the river and swim!

and the crocs are huge! wasnt interested in getting up cose with them and boy they are fast getting into the water. their little legs are pretty quick.

the highlight was the pm drve on last day tracking a lion. wed seen a pride the previos day crossing the road but we came across afemale lion who had just killed a buffalo. saw her 2 sisters wandering across the plain following a herd of elephants with babies. its just like a david attenborough doco but u cant fast forward the kill scenes. it certainly survival of the fittest!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb