Kasane Day 2


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Chobe National Park
October 18th 2010
Published: October 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Kasane - Day 2

We were up at 4:45 this morning for an early game drive. The safari vehicles took us back into Chobe Park, first along the Chobe River again, and then further into the park than the night before. No lion this morning, but lots of birds, which are interesting to both of us, but not the rest of the group. Wart hogs digging in the dirt for who knows what, giraffe, zebra, impala - too many to count, tssebe.

After the game drive, we drove into Kasane to stock up on water and supplies for the trip into the Okavango Delta over the next three days. Then back to camp for a bit of relaxing during the heat of the day. 

At 3:00 we drove a short distance to a dock on the Chobe River for a sunset cruise. Having done this last year, we knew what to look for, and weren't disappointed: water monitors, crocs lying on their eggs, hippos everywhere, tons of birds and of course, the ellies, for which Chobe Park is famous. We were treated to a herd of ellies, with babies, crossing from an island to the mainland in the evening light. And then a return to the dock as the red sun went down.

That night, we heard an elephant's loud trumpet, that sounded like it was right in camp. The deep footprints were all over camp, from earlier in the season when it was muddier, but this time nothing came through during the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb