Thebe River Safaris


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Chobe National Park
October 13th 2005
Published: November 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Across the border into Botswana and a short drive further on we arrived at the town of Maun, we were given a couple of hours to grap lunch and stock up on water and then onto the Thebe River Safari campsite. The campsite was on the banks of the Chobe River, surrounded by electric fencing in order to ward of inquisitive hippos. We set up our tents and had a lovely BBQ before hitting the sack ready for an early start.
Up early we were loaded onto an open sided safari truck and went off on our Chobe game park safari. We must have been spoilt in the Serengeti, Mara and Ngorongoro because Chobe was pants in comparison, those whose first safari it was really enjoyed it. Back to the campsite and a quick lunch was had before we were back out for our Chobe River cruise safari, the promise of a safari speedboat like we had seen earlier that day had not materialised, instead we were on a floating platform with a couple of outboards strapped to it. It was a different experience seeing animals from the water and was a nice evening; everyone was noticeably tired though and could have cared less.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb