Botswana


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Chobe National Park
December 29th 2006
Published: December 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After our initial tour had ended, new people had joined in Livingston and our driver had crushed one of the tents trying to bump start the truck (the battery was dead) we crossed the border into Botswana on the ferry.
Settling at a camp site near Chobe national park we headed into the park on the following day and caught glimpse of yet another Leopard. Classically this one was lazily dangling his paws from a tree. Also there were multiple sightings of Elephants (which are being culled at the moment in Chobe due to their very high numbers) and the torrential rain made the game drive a little uncomfortable but very ammusing.
In the afternoon we had a cruise down the Chobe river and got close looks at many Hippos (Africas most dangerous animal!) and Crocodiles.

After our truck terminally broke down and had to be replaced by another one we headed up to the Okavango delta on Christmas eve. The Makoro (dug out canoe) punt through the reed beds was really relaxing if a little too hot for comfort and the swin in the delta itself was awesome.
That night we listened to the locals singing around the camp fire and slept with a hippo grazing around the tents.
Christmas day we headed back to the mainland before a torrential rainstorm hit. Once it had abated we had a hog roast lunch (and both had very bad stomachs afterwards).
Our driver got really, really sick and had to be rushed to hospital where it was discovered that he has early stage Malaria. Koen being Koen has soldiered on and kept us on schedule but has looked pretty ill whilst takig his medication.

We arrived in Namibia a few nights ago and I'll fill you all in on Windhoek and Etosha next time.

Happy new year to you all and hope you had a fantastic Christmas.

Bri and Linz

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb