Copenhagen - Nyhavn, Church of Our Savior/Vor Frelsers Kirke


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Syddanmark
May 7th 2024
Published: May 7th 2024
Edit Blog Post

I dag er solskin! ☀️
I wore sunscreen and still a little pink. The sun felt amazing.

First we headed down to Nyhavn. It is one of the most famously photographed locations in Copenhagen with the colorful houses. There are a plethora of restaurants along the street in front and the water runs along the other side. I encountered an artist painting in watercolor and left with one. I love chance encounters and art! Across the water is a little park with a little cafe, and the Opera House. We walked over and on the way back stopped at Hart (cafe) and it was SO nice to sit in the sun. It was only mid to high 50s, but it felt so much warmer.

Next up was The Church of Our Savior tower. First let me say I appreciate city views. Next might I add I’m not a fan of heights. Also had to climb up narrow, spirally staircases and virtually ladders to get to the top. I didn’t take any photos up or down because I was afraid I was going to drop my phone. I could feel the staircase shaking on the way up. Once at the top, viewers climb out and walk around the top outside on a staircase that gets progressively narrower and narrower until you can go no further. I wasted no time on the descent. The view was great and I enjoyed being able to see so many areas I had visited.

We capped off adventure with a visit to the library garden. Again, the sun felt SO NICE. I took a detour and tried a traditional smørbørd of marinated herring, then went shopping for the sweater I hoped to leave with (not a specific sweater, just *a* sweater!). I love it. It’s going to be great for all times of the year.

Tomorrow is my last adventure in Copenhagen before we leave for Greece, connecting in Amsterdam. I like it here a lot and I am also looking forward to warmer weather!

Photos won’t upload at all today. Stay tuned.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb