At Jasper National Park


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Jasper
June 16th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.8736, -118.083

Well, we made it to Jasper National Park. What a beautiful drive. Snow capped peaks on either side of the road. We stopped at the Colombia Icefields visitors center and decided to come back another day to do the glacier trip. We did a little hiking on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday it was a sunny day, so we decided to go to the Athabasca Glacier and do the bus tour out onto it. It was really cool! Not cold, even though we were standing on ice a thousand feet thick. We also stopped at Athabasca Falls and Sunwapta Falls. We saw more elk and bears, too.
On Monday, we hiked around Lake Annette and had a picinic lunch. We saw 2 eagles in the tress right above us. They both took off across the lake, it was very cool. We then drove past Medicine Lake and on to Maligne Lake. It is a blue-green glacier fed lake. We took a boat tour around the lake. Then back to our cabin for a rest and then out to dinner.
Today, we took a 7 km. hike around Jasper and then crawled to a resturant for lunch. After that it was time to do some laundry and then this blog. After this its back for a rest and then out to dinner.
Tomorrow we leave for Savona for 1 night and then on to Vancouver.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



17th June 2009

Hah hah hah...awesome!!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb