Shimmering Images


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
August 19th 2011
Published: August 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I only have eyes for youI only have eyes for youI only have eyes for you

No sun in my eyes, only "stars"
"There is the living & then there is the writing" Anais Nim

On Monday, August 22, David and I will celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. This post is not about our journey to another country, but about remembering some of the journey we have travelled in life. (I promise I will write about our trip 😱.)

Everyone has moments in their life that stay forever -- we can feel, touch, taste and smell them. My wedding day was filled with these moments. I still remember the bright warm sunshine (I could barely keep my eyes open during the photos!); riding from Sylvan Lake to Olds with all the food for the reception in the back of the car, and my younger brother, Steven, accidently dipping the train of my dress in the pink pudding; the priest running down the aisle after the ceremony with the bouquet I had left at the altar; and Grandpa Morgan dancing the Chicken Dance and the YMCA. I had no reservations on this day, no anxiety -- I think I was really too young to realize what I was getting myself into.

Thirty years later, these images still shimmer with all the wonder of that day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb