Sleepless in New York


Advertisement
North America
October 2nd 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lisa in the RainLisa in the RainLisa in the Rain

We had to do a mini-hike though the middle of central park in the rain.
Well, I made it past the US immigration people, which was a lot less painful than I thought. it must have only been about 20 minutes from leaving the getting off the flight to walking through the arrivals gate to meet Lisa.

we decided to be cheapskates and use the airtrain and subway to get to the hostel. the ssubway was full of weird and wonderful people, but at no point did I feel like I was in any danger. We asked a guard how to get to 103rd street, but forgot to say that we wanted west not east, so we ended up having a nice little stroll through Central Park.

By the time we found the hostel, got checked in and showered, it felt like i'd been awake for a week. We both felt that we should at least make an effort to go out, so we found a little cheap Vietnamese restraunt. We both spent the whole meal glazed over and whishing for our beds.

I'm writing tthis now on my phone from my bed. it's 5am and I can't sleep.

The plan for me today is to head down to Wall street and see if I can see any stock market traders crying.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.4kb