ROMA


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 1st 2010
Published: June 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, I'm finally in Rome!
These last couple of days have been amazing. Everyone is so nice and I even have my own room.

After getting on the next flight (since I missed my first one), which was nerve wracking, we flew to Rome and passed over the Swiss Alps, which was so incredibly gorgeous. I can't wait to plan my trip there.

Unfortunately, on the way to Rome, I managed to lose my glasses case and only pair of contacts, so I'm potentially stuck in glasses the entire summer. I'm not too happy about that.

It's so amazing how every corner you walk around and there's some famous piece of architecture just...hangin' out in the middle of all the bustle. All of the little details and textures are just mind blowing. There's a building nearby with indentations about two feet off the ground from wagon wheels over 200 years ago. The history here is in layers and I'm looking forward to digging through those in history class.

Went to the supermercato yesterday, wine got dropped and shattered everywhere. Rather embarrassing. I should learn to say "sorry" in Italian. I've been trying to improve my language skills
ApartmentsApartmentsApartments

The colors used here are amazing.
and it has been going rather well. I enjoy trying to talk to people and I'm pretty confident in my skills after some vino. I did accidentally call someone's dog 'carne' instead of 'cane' (carne means meat....oops).

We went out last night, it was a great time. Met some cool people and met more people tonight and then got left by the boys so we got food, free wine and then came back to the apartment and got up today to go to the beach, which deserves it's own special blog for when I upload those pictures.

Went on another tour yesterday though, the cat sanctuary is awesome. We fed them pizza. I want to write more, but I'm going to watch Iron Man 2.

I'm having such a good time with great company, can't wait to go back to the beach and hopefully not get the shit kicked out of me by the ocean... but that story's for another day.


Buonanotte!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Always look up!Always look up!
Always look up!

There are hidden masterpieces EVERYWHERE.


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb