Happy New Year!


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Yongin
January 5th 2012
Published: January 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Happy New YearHappy New YearHappy New Year

Happy New Year from AK Plaza in Bundang.
Happy New Year from Korea!

I honestly cannot believe that I forgot to bring my camera with me for New Year's Eve. Arghhh. Anyways, it was a lot of fun, once I got moving. I spent the start of my time off planning what we were going to do (this was challenging, with a dozen people wanting to do different things). I managed to talk to my friend Gill back home, which was awesome. She was my first successful Skype call to a physical phone back in Canada.

I was feeling really sluggish by the time Griff got home from work. I more or less napped until 9:30, and really had to push myself to get up and go out. I promised myself that if I wasn't going to go into Seoul for western new year (their big celebration is the Lunar New Year on January 23rd) that I would at least go out and celebrate in Yongin.

Griff, David, Heather, Teresa and I headed down the hill to the Alley Pub again, where we met up with teachers from the HUFS camp. It was a lot of fun. It was great to catch up a little bit with the HUFS teachers. I also met many of the Aussie teachers at the HUFS camp. Our countdown was a bit...lacking, but that's okay.

Also, random fact. In Korea, you are 1 year old when you are born. Then, every year on January 1, you become one year older. Therefore, all my students became a year older on New Years Day. They still celebrate their day of birth as a birthday though.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb