Le Croisic by scooter from Batz-sur-Mer


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany
August 30th 2010
Published: August 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Glorious sunshine when we got up and by 11am it was also very hot.
Annoyed to find that campsite bread shop is Not selling bread even though I was told yesterday it woud be. Cereal for breakfast then !
Bob had to do a repair. Somehow the strap which holds the scooter in place had dropped one hooked end down under the handlebars, while it was fastened into the Tandy garage (?) and the hook didn’t want to come out. Fortunately it succumbed to Bob’s coaxing and let go of whatever it was clinging too deep inside the scooter and the strap came out again.
Very fortunate as I was chaffing at the bit to go exploring.
First we went into Batz-sur-mer as had seen notice of a Lundi market. Found that and bought a lovely bunch of pink garlic which monsieur assured me would last a year. He insisted on giving me all the prices in English even though I was speaking to him in perfectly good French. Perhaps he wanted to practice.
Back on the scooter and off in the opposite direction to Le Croisic only a couple of miles up the coast. What a super place to visit. A really long waterfront filled with eating places and interesting shops and out from the harbour front lots of boats. The coast here is very low lying / marais style and the tide was out and going out even further. Boats which were in several feet of water when we arrived were in ‘dry dock’ as we left. There were lots of people on the sandbank out in the harbour digging for whatever crustaceans they get round here. Certainly lots and lots of mussels about.
At the end of the seafront we came across a walkway out over the water, like a pier but sideways along the shore. Odd but rather fine and very good for strolling.
We had Galette Complet in a very tempting creperie as no visit to Brittany would be complete without one then wandered into an art gallery and admired the excellent art on display. Too expensive for us but nice to look at.
We carried on, on the scooter through the town heading for Pointe le Croisic. Not sure which was the exact Pointe but it was a great place for scootering along with the rocky shoreline to our right and some nooks and crannies of soft golden sand. As it was beautifully sunny there were lots of people sunbathing and wandering across the rocks. Glad we found le Croisic as it is a very pleasant place to be especially on such a gorgeous day.
Back at the campsite we swam and read by the pool for a while and were very grateful for such glorious weather. Will stay here another day so we can visit Guerande.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb