I need to know the spots that I have to check out in Western Europe.
I will be backpacking europe for 4 weeks and will traveling pretty much covering most of Western Europe. Out of all the places to see in the several cities, which ones are must sees?
Thank everyone, and don't be afraid to give me details
Zermatt, Switzerland. Matterhorn is well worth the extra cost to get there.
Lisbon, Portugal - Just a real cool city. Sidetrip to Sintra and don't miss the moorish castle ruins.
1. an old pub anywhere in Brussels: gorge on chocolate, waffles and 300 kinds of beer!
2. people watching in Vondel Park, Amsterdam
3. Into Art? The Louvre, Paris/ The British Museum, London/ El Prado, Madrid
4. Architecture and design? Barcelona and Andalucia, Spain
Out of the Cities (which are, BTW; London/Amsterdam/Rome)
- countryside or Brittany in France with a castle or two, to sleep at if in budget;
- the Mediterranean Islands: Corsica, Aeolian & Sardinia
- the Swiss mountains: Matterhorn, (as you have see already), Eiger (if you love Clint Eastwood), or Monterosa in Italy if you like food;
- Italian 'agriturismo', eat-in-a-farm, basically, and drink as well. That's the wine-lover ideal choice;
- Scotland highlands if you're moody and love ales and salmon;
A 4 weeks dream? Land in London, get wasted so you don't realise how much you're spending. Book ryanair flights to scotland, then to brittany, then northern sardinia/southern corsica. From there catch a ferry to tuscany or piedmont and get wasted again on wine. Via Rome.
Avoid trains, they are more expensive than ryanair/easyjet and stations stink.
If you love magic, Stromboli is your place but you might never leave again.