Welcome to the Travel Forums

Why join TravelBlog?

  • Membership is Free and Easy
  • Your travel questions answered in minutes!
  • Become part of the friendliest online travel community.
Join Now! Join TravelBlog* today and meet thousands of friendly travelers. Don't wait! Join today and make your adventures even more enjoyable.

* Blogging is not required to participate in the forums

will corona kill my plans?

shall I cancell the trip?
25 months ago, April 29th 2020 No: 1 Msg: #208328  
Hey there - I hope you all are well and healthy! I have a trip planned for later this year, late September into early Octpber. I’m planning to travel to England & France, from the US. What are we thinking? Should I start thinking of canceling this trip? Or still too early to panic? I’m not normally indecisive, but hoping for a consensus opinion to help make my decision. I really, really want to take this trip. Thanks for your help! Reply to this

25 months ago, April 29th 2020 No: 2 Msg: #208329  
In response to: Msg #208328 I also plan a trip from the US to Scotland in September. I used frequent flyer miles, so if I cancel the trip it will cost me $100 to reimburse my account. All the other reservations can be cancelled without penalty. So I won't make a decision to cancel until the end off July. Reply to this

25 months ago, April 30th 2020 No: 3 Msg: #208330  
B Posts: 2,032
Honestly, nobody knows. The most likely course of the virus is that it will come in waves. The prediction I've seen most often is a lull in the summer in most countries followed by a second wave in the fall unless their containment systems are really robust. Plan on taking precautions and having social distance requirements anywhere this year. I'd also make sure reservations can be cancelled until close to the date, and take out insurance for anything that won't be refunded. Then sit tight and hope for the best. Reply to this

24 months ago, May 15th 2020 No: 4 Msg: #208369  
In response to: Msg #208328 Just to give you an update from the UK, restrictions are now being put into place on anyone arriving in the country which will require 2 weeks quarantine so you would need to factor this into your trip. My feeling is that by September there will still be a large number of restrictions in place including the use of public transport, eating out and getting a beer, there is a general census of opinion that there is likely to be a second wave of the virus which could place the country under further lockdown measures. Reply to this

23 months ago, June 23rd 2020 No: 5 Msg: #208498  
For the moment US citizens are not allowed to travel to France but boarders inside Europe have reopened this week, I think you should wait before cancelling your trip but there are many chances for the virus to come back in autumn in Europe. It is currently the same if you plan to travel to Spain for example. Reply to this

19 months ago, October 30th 2020 No: 6 Msg: #208781  
C Posts: 6
@ 1submarine
Have you travelled to England and France?
Or coronavirus has ruined your plans?

I am from the Republic of Srpska (Bosnia and Herzegovina). I have only travelled to Serbia.
For the citizens of my country the entrance to EU countries has been forbidden during this period.
Reply to this

Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0045s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb